Monday, October 11, 2010

I Think I'm In Love...


With the adorable little chestnut fellow in the foreground! It's Indy, of course...
Been a long time since you've seen him around here, eh? He's with his friend Boo in this photo.


I was feeling mad, slash depressed, slash bored yesterday, so my dad persuaded me to go to the stable.  It was a good time to let go of my irritation over the chapter I'm supposed to be writing, my family, and my own irritating thoughts of irritation! Horses are the best therapy.  Except for time with God, of course.  It sounds so wrong to say "Except for God", doesn't it? :)


Indy and his friend George are as "thick as thieves", as they say.  I'm not so keen on George myself.  He's extremely big, playful, and pushy, and he picks fights with the other horses all the time.  He does have an adorable poofy and wavy forelock and big, liquidy brown eyes, but it's hard to see whether the good outweighs the bad... Yesterday, I was riding Indy bareback, walking him around with just a halter and rope.  His ears pricked up and I heard the neighbors dragging this big trailer out of their garage.  Indy just stood there.  *proud smile* But George heard it, spooked, bit Boo, and when Boo bit him back, he bucked and galloped as fast as he could straight toward Indy.  I was already sliding halfway off my chestnut's back, but I changed my mind and held on.  Indy, I trust you, I thought, hard.  

George slid to a dusty stop about three feet away and still, Indy just stood there looking at him.  Phew...Thank you, Indy.  


Here's another one of Georgie resting.  :)

Love, Ellyn


    

8 comments:

Lily said...

Indy is so handsome!

~Lily

Anonymous said...

Your Indy is the cutest little chestnut I've ever seen. Most of the time I don't like chestnuts.

Knowing me, I would end up with a horse like George! lol! I seem to with all other animals anyway!
Sarah

Mia said...

Aww, such cute ponies! I love Boo. :)

Mia said...

Oh, and is Boo's owner still absent? Because I will gladly adopt his horse! ;)

carlotta cisternas said...

Beautiful photos! I love horses...and I've always had a weakness for chestnut colored ones :)

Bethany d said...

awwww...those horses are so beautiful. ;) I don't own horses, but I volenteer at a therapeutic horse farm - if that's what you call it. ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Ellyn! You won the giveaway for my Autumn Modest Fashion Showcase event. :) Congratulations!! :) Shoot me an email at maireloves {at} gmail {dot} com when you get a chance with your mailing info. :) Hope you have a great weekend. -marie

Gabriella Elise said...

You have a beau-ti-ful horse, Ellyn! I am in love with his adorable face! =)
~MunciEquestrian~